This program works to help provide relief to Krabbe disease patients or caregivers/guardians of a Krabbe disease loved one enduring a long hospital stay. KrabbeConnect is committed to helping relieve some anxiety, stress, and financial burden that can come from a medical crisis. If you are a direct caregiver/guardian of a Krabbe disease loved one or an adult with Krabbe disease who has been hospitalized more than 1-week (7 days) and meets the following guidelines, we invite you to complete the mortgage and rent assistance program form if you can answer yes to the following statements:
1. You have been diagnosed with Krabbe disease or you are a caregiver/guardian of a loved one diagnosed with Krabbe disease and they live with you at least 50% of the time.
2. You have not submitted and been approved this calendar year for mortgage or rent assistance through KrabbeConnect.
3. You are willing to provide a current mortgage or rent statement confirming the monthly cost.
4. You are willing to provide proof of receipt the awarded funds were utilized for your mortgage or rent. Failure to do so will result in becoming ineligible for future assistance.
5. You are willing to accept an awarded amount of up to $750 which may not fulfill your entire monthly obligation for your mortgage or rent