This program will facilitate the exchange of durable medical equipment and unused supplies such as standers, specialty walkers, feeding pumps, positioning devices, formula, diapers, oximeter, etc. If you have items available to donate, please follow these steps before completing the Equipment Exchange Program Form:
1. Send an email to email@example.com to inform us of the items up for donation.
2. Within 2-3 business days of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org, someone from KrabbeConnect will reach out by email to set up a call. During this call, we will gather information on the size and type of items being donated.
3. KrabbeConnect will conduct outreach on the items donated. Once an individual(s) in need of the item(s) donated is identified, KrabbeConnect will reach out to their shipping vendor to obtain an estimate.
4. Once the estimate has been received and approved by the Patient Assistance Program Committee, KrabbeConnect will facilitate the exchange of the equipment (from the individual donating the equipment to the individual receiving the equipment) and pay for the shipping costs.
5. If KrabbeConnect is unable to identify an immediate need for the equipment and/or supplies by another individual impacted by Krabbe disease, the equipment/supplies will remain in the custody of the owner. KrabbeConnect does not have a warehouse to maintain an inventory of donated equipment.
6. IMPORTANT: If you plan to claim your donated equipment for tax purposes, please be sure to locate a company in your area that can provide you with a certified estimate on its value. KrabbeConnect cannot provide this type of service. The completed equipment exchange form should be attached to the value statement when you file your taxes.